Transport
I'm not sure if it's because the doors don't work or if it's to provide a breeze to the passengers, but buses here seem to drive with their doors open and often with a few people kind of hanging out of them. Vans do the same thing.
Yesterday I saw a small motorbike with a man and a burqa clad woman plus 2 kids all piled on.
There are donkeys and horses pulling carts down the same streets as all the other traffic.
There are lots of white vehicles with the standard blue 'UN' painted on the sides.
The trucks here are elaborately painted (apparently a pakistani thing) with so many colours and pictures, and at night i have seen them with flashing coloured lights around them, a real sight to behold!
There are bikes too... lots of them... and they are usually used for doubling. Along the quieter streets this is a good means of transport, altho rather bumpy (not many streets are paved, and those that are still have holes and bumps and rocks on them). I am at a total loss as to how people manage to bike on the main streets where the traffic is SO crazy. I am not sure what rules apply, but there is constant honking of horns and very close shaves!
Yesterday I saw a small motorbike with a man and a burqa clad woman plus 2 kids all piled on.
There are donkeys and horses pulling carts down the same streets as all the other traffic.
There are lots of white vehicles with the standard blue 'UN' painted on the sides.
The trucks here are elaborately painted (apparently a pakistani thing) with so many colours and pictures, and at night i have seen them with flashing coloured lights around them, a real sight to behold!
There are bikes too... lots of them... and they are usually used for doubling. Along the quieter streets this is a good means of transport, altho rather bumpy (not many streets are paved, and those that are still have holes and bumps and rocks on them). I am at a total loss as to how people manage to bike on the main streets where the traffic is SO crazy. I am not sure what rules apply, but there is constant honking of horns and very close shaves!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home