Monday, July 17, 2006

'modren wet rust'


I am teaching English each day.. the beginner class is slightly out of control... last time it was all women and they were LOUD! It is a bit of a laugh teaching them actually. Look forward to this afternoon to see how they are. The photo is of them making questions with words on bits of paper. There is one woman who just talks nonstop.. not in English.. she complains that she doesn't understand but of course she is never quiet to actually listen to the instructions!! Last time she was joking about having one husband but several boyfriends!

Speaking of people who talk a lot... would you believe I have actually been asked by more than one person here if i am an introvert!?

One of my favourite things to do here is to drive to and from English class. We drive past more modern shops, bazaars, lots of men selling things, woodwork kind of shops, containers converted into mechanic parts shops and some squatter dwellings/ tents etc... I love it. Just looking at everything which is so different and interesting, also from the safety of the car I can look at the men without it being taken the wrong way. They are often just as curious looking back at me!

On these and other trips I have seen numerous statements printed on the sides of buses which make me smile...
'world peace'
'wel your trip'
'wel your juorney'
'time is gold'
'roadstarbus deluxe'
and my favourite.... 'modren wet rust'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home